Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Presentation

We had presentations of the games that we designed today. Problems I observed, including me, are affecting the results. Supposed, presentation should be the stage of introducing and convincing audience to believe what is good, why is good. I was nervous so I did not perform well. I designed a complex card game so that it is not easy to introduce how to play the game within 2 minutes. I think that would be how the society works. We sometimes only get certain amount of time to complete a task but there are some people will have some advantages. Often, people would complain about the unfairness, what I look at it is different. I think the only way to live out is not to complain unfairness but train to be stronger. 

Presentation is essential for an designer to be able to sell his or her works. Ironically, why would a sale of visual communication requires verbal communication, can't the audience tell what it is? why would I need to spend time to tell them? That is also the thing that struggling me for a while. Sometimes I just do not get it why would a designer has to be an excellent speaker? Of course, excellent speech is convincing and makes people want to put in certain actions. If this is true, I could assume that people are easier to be convinced through hearing than seeing. If I am the most excellent and outstanding speaker but a crab designer, I believe I can sell my crabs to whoever I want because I can convince them by just talking. Would that be unfair for those who have created the most interesting, and remarkable designs are being rejected because they are not good speakers?

Apparently, it would be perfect one can be good at design and talks. Is there an alternative way to avoid talking? Why do we have to do verbal presentation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment