Monday, January 14, 2013

Teamwork

Teamwork

       Today, we did some "teamworks" in the Concept Development class. First, we were asked to sit in order based on our birthday from January to December. Second, we needed to arrange all the comic assignments in order from the best one all the way to the "worse," or the least criteria. Last, the entire class was divided into four groups. Each of the groups had to use found objects to create a story and tell the rest of class. I found it interesting not because we did the activities; it is the practice of teamwork that makes me interesting. 
       The first activity was easy because everyone just needed to tell others his/her birthday so that he/she would know where he/she is going to sit. But, the problem came as we was doing the second activity. All of the assignments should be arranged by satisfaction of criteria within 20 minutes. I think someone has to be quickly elected as the leaders by the rest of classmates so conflicts when choosing the best way to filter (or decide) the assignment would be less. I did not suggest it during the activity I think because I was shy. I believe that these kind of teamworks will become regularly routine tasks for graphic designers because none of us wants to work alone. How are we going to "design" something quickly in order to solve a problem? I think the first skill that we have to gain is "critical thinking." If I were to solve the second activity again as a leader, I would look at the problem in a simplest way. Because we needed to come out with criteria, so the more we came out with the harder for a group to go through within the timeframe. I would say we only come out with one criteria to rearrange all the assignments by the number of votes on each one. 
       The last activity was storytelling. I think creativity and teamwork are involved in order to create an interesting story with clear plot, setting, and characters. Each of the group members was assigned to a particular role of the story. I think the activity was more about creativity rather than teamwork because interesting stories are usually those unpredictable stories so that audiences would become interested in what's coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment